Who did you idolize as a teenager? Did you go crazy for the Beatles? Ga-ga over Duran Duran? In love with Justin Bieber? Did you think Elvis was the livin’ end?
When I was on the cusp of being a teenager, I was idiolized the boy band The Backstreet Boys. I remember hanging out at my best friend’s house and listening to their CD’s. We would jump up and down on her bed and sing along at the top of our lunges. We would fantasize about being married to one of the boys (I was a Nick Carter girl, while she was a Brian Littrell girl). We would pretend that we were at their concerts and having the time of our lives.
Even today, I can hear one of their songs and I still know the lyrics to it. It really takes me back to some of the most fun times in my life. When things were so simple and the only thing we had to worry about was whether or not one of Backstreet Boys had a girlfriend and simply because we were dedicated to them, we would automatically hate said girl because she was so lucky.
One time way back in the 90’s, one of their concerts was being broadcast on television. I, of course, watched it with wide eyes and sang and danced to all the songs. I also had my mom record it for me on VHS; a tape which we still have by the way. Over the years, when we still had a VCR, I would take that VHS tape out and relive that joy all over again.
I still listen to their music on occasion. There is always a good time to listen to their music and relive my childhood. I’ve also bought their most recent album and have to say that it’s just as good as their early stuff. I will always be a huge fan.
After all, they will always be my first boy band. And you never forget your first boy band.
I’ll also never forget how awesome this music video is.
- A Lot of Boys in the Backstreet | Annimation Floe
- Teen Age Idol: Star Wars -Luke Skywalker | Journeyman
- Teen Age Idol | Basically Beyond Basic
- LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY | Serendipity
- Keesa me goo’night, Eddy | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Teen Age Idol | Cannot Be Unseen
- Daily Prompt- Teen Age Idol | A Day in The Life
- I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want!!! | A Garmont Confession
- Oh, Is He? | wisskko’s blog
- Teen Age Idol | Jayne’s Daily Thought