Life is a series of beginnings and endings. We leave one job to start another; we quit cities, countries, or continents for a fresh start; we leave lovers and begin new relationships. What was the last thing you contemplated leaving? What were the pros and cons? Have you made up your mind? What will you choose?
I recently got accepted into a publishing institute in New York City and will be spending 6 weeks there during the summer. What I’m hoping to get out of this institute is a job in the publishing industry. But if that happens that I will have to leave my family behind and move to a new city. I’ve never lived anywhere other than Wisconsin. I went to UW-Madison and was only 15-20 minutes away from my parents house. I’ve never lived anywhere but here. I’ve always had plenty of family around and many of the friends I had in high school with are the same friends that I shared my college years with.
The idea of leaving is a hard one, but it’s also very exciting. I can’t wait to live in another city, especially with that city being New York. I’ve been to the city twice now and I absolutely love it, especially the theater. I’ve always loved going to Broadway shows and just being around the arts will hopefully be the inspiration I need and am looking for. I can’t wait to start a new life and career there. That’s where I can see myself thriving. That’s where I hope to find success. I know leaving my family behind will be hard but they will always be my family. The same goes for my friends. Most of them are out of college and we’re all starting our own lives. So it’s only natural that we’re going to end up in different places. But that’s doesn’t mean that we’ll no longer be friends. That’s never going to change no matter where I live.
Plus, if I live in New York, it gives them all an excuse to take a vacation and come visit me. I would absolutely love to be able to show them around and hopefully take them to the theater.
- Black-and-white mood | The Bliss of Reality
- Electric pole | Vintage Photography
- 1973 – Volkswagen Beetle | The Bliss of Reality
- 1970 – Volkswagen Beetle | The Bliss of Reality
- Night is young | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Crossing | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- 1969 – Volvo 142 | The Bliss of Reality
- Tetris | Crazy Art
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave -Living Simple Life and the Obstacle | Journeyman
- Droplet from water tap explaining to its brothers and sisters structure of the world ocean | Crazy Art
- Leaving for the Normal | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt & The Button (short story) | The Jittery Goat
- Dp Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Sabethville
- of last straws | Anawnimiss
- dulu dan nanti | The Frozen Tears
- Leaving | Attempted Human Relations and Self
- I’ve Had Enough of This Utah Place
- Daily Prompt: Break Ups | Cabernet In The Dark
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Beyond the horizon | MC’s Whispers
- Who Really DECIDES? | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Harry Potter, Famous Dads and Stoke Newington | AS I PLEASE
- Dear John: a fictional letter | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Daily Prompt: Leave an old and start a new! Can I ? | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Selbstständigkeit versus Festanstellung | Zeitarbeiterin
- when love appeared in a yellow brick road | kaleidoscope sparks of defiance
- DP: Leaving – Autumn by Ruswa Fatehpuri | aliabbasali
- We Gathered Yesterday | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave « Mama Bear Musings
- Crossroads | Inks and Scribbles