Traditions: we’ve all got ‘em. They might be family dinners on special occasions, or having a particular kind of cake on your birthday (Jeanne Cake, natch), or popcorn at the movies, or meeting your friend for a 5k run in the park, rain or shine, every Sunday morning. What are your favorite traditions, large and small? What is it about your traditions that keep them going strong for you?
One of the traditions that my family take part in, is also probably my favorite. Every summer my family throws a huge barbeque for all of our family and friends. We spend the day eating, drinking, enjoying each others company, and trying to not melt from the heat that July is known to bring to the Midwest. What I enjoy most about this is getting the chance to see people you don’t always get to see. Sometimes once a year is the only time you get to spend with them and it’s always a treat to see them again, even if it’s only for a few hours. I also thoroughly enjoying getting to see both my mom’s side of the family and my dad’s side of the family at the same event. That doesn’t usually happen very often.
This tradition is a lot of work and it’s a good thing that it only takes place once a year. But this tradition is also a lot of fun. It’s something I always look forward to during the summer and I can’t wait for the party to start this year.
- Sex appeal? Clumsy oafess? Time after Time… | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Kiss me, I’m Irish: a San Francisco tradition | Suddenly Single in Marin
- A book review for World Book Day | Sue’s Trifles
- As traditions go, this one isn’t bad. Bit costly though… | thoughtsofrkh
- DAILY PROMPT: Ritual | cockatooscreeching
- Family. Rituals. War. | daggyshog tales
- Ritual « Shrine of Hecate – Ramblings of a New Age Witch
- You know Gail Baker down the road? | The verbal hedge
- A twisted family tradition | A picture is worth 1000 words
- Daily Prompt: Time After Time | My Other Blog
- The More Things Change… | My Author-itis
- Daily Prompt – Time After Time. |
- It’s spelled ‘Crucian’. | Asta’s Space
- Minutely Infinite | Traditionally Speaking
- The beauty of a fitness routine versus having a joint-eater to be thin « psychologistmimi
- Family Vocabulary: Traditions! | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Corn, Onions and Christianity | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Time After Time « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Time After Time | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer | On Our Fears its Soul Shall Feast
- Time After Time | The Nameless One
- I didn’t listen, what’s your excuse? | meg lago
- Time After Time | The Story of a Guy
- I [heart] Hotpot Dinners | Beez Giftz
- Time After Time Traditions Live | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- time after time | klstar2000