What is the best dream you’ve ever had? Recount it for us in all its ethereal glory. If no dream stands out in your memory, recount your worst nightmare. Leave no frightening detail out.
When I was a kid, my brother and I were obsessed with The Power Rangers. Especially the original series and cast, The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. We watched this show every Saturday morning and for more than one Halloween, we dressed up as certain Power Rangers. Once I was the Pink Ranger and he was the Green Ranger and another year I was possibly the Green Ranger while he was the Black Ranger. And so it was only natural that we were very big fans of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1995). I’ve probably seen that movie at least 15 times. One of those times was less than two years ago. Yes, I still watch that movie. It’s great and I regret nothing.
So with all of these Powered up teenagers filling my waking hours, it was only right for them to seep into my dreams. And that they did. The dream took place during the scene where the Rangers are on the island of Thedos (or how ever you spell/pronounce that) and were told by the mysterious attractive warrior chick Dulcea that they would have to reach this mystical Great Power in order to save Zordon. The scene in the dream takes place when they’re in the woods battling the skeletons of long deceased dinosaurs and other creatures who are trying to prevent them from accessing the Great Power. In the dream, I’m watching them battle these creatures and I watch them discover the Great Power and become awesome ninja warrior Rangers (although not to be confused by the series Power Rangers Ninja Storm, which was my third favorite Power Ranger Series, coming right after my 2nd favorite, Power Rangers in Space).
It might not seem like much of a dream because it’s simply replaying a scene that I’ve seen many times in my head, but what’s especially interesting about this dream is I’ve had it multiple times. It’s the exact dream every time (I slightly know how Harry felt when he kept having the same dream about Voldemort being in a creepy not fully formed body in The Goblet of Fire). I can remember having this dream at least 4 times in probably the last 15 years. What’s even more interesting is not only do I feel like I’ve had de ja vu after I wake up, but it came to a point where I realized I was having de ja vu within the dream. I didn’t necessary realize that I was in a dream, but I definitely realized that I had been in that same situation before.
The last time I had this dream was about 2 years ago and it makes me super happy every time. It reminds me of my childhood and how much fun I used to have. It also makes me want to watch the Power Rangers movie again. So naturally, this is my favorite dream.
***On a completely random note, did anyone besides my brother and I realize that in the original series the Black Ranger was played by an African American male and the Yellow Ranger was played by an Asian female? And then they go and change it up in the movie and not only replace those two actors, but suddenly the Black Ranger is now played by an Asian male and the Yellow Ranger is now played by a African American female? I’m still not sure if this was deliberate or supposed to be ironic. Either way, I find it slightly funny. Oh the glory of the 90’s.***
- Back In Bug and The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams- The Psychology of Dreaming | Journeyman
- Deliverance | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Fairy Wings- Non Fiction | Rose-tinted Rambles
- Sky on floor level | Le Drake Noir
- Until then… | Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- I Dreamed About Avril Lavigne | THE BLACK SPAGHETTI CHRONICLES
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Nighmare | Mara Eastern
- One Crazy Mom » My Worst Nightmare
- Imaginary | La Gatita Oscura
- Care to Dare | Rima Hassan
- Best Dream: YOU – Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) | The Wandering Poet
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams? | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Truman Capote Dreams /Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- DP Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams( Are made of… | Sabethville
- Nightmares | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) « Mama Bear Musings
- I Dreamt of Heaven | Misifusa’s Blog
- It’s 3am, I Must Be Up Reading Your Blog | Do Not Get Sick in the Sink, Please
- Speed of Light | THE MARRIED MAN WHO LOVES HIS X
- This is What a Free Sailboat Looks Like | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: Worst Nightmare, 26.02.14 | Markie’s Daily Blog
- Daily post:sweet dreams | Going New Places!
- Since I was Prompted | Treading over Stars
- Imaginary: Daily Post | Destino
- “I need to climb the cherry tree to get to the marshmallows” | jigokucho