Share a time when you narrowly avoided disaster.
I seem to have a knack for nearly starting things on fire. Now, I’m no pyro. I don’t get kicks out of watching things burn. However, the one thing that likes to almost catch on fire is my stove top. Just this weekend, I turned on the wrong burner and there was a frying pan sitting on said burner and the next thing I know, the kitchen is full of smoke. The two worst things were 1) I didn’t even notice or smell the smoke (I blame this on the fact that I was sick and congested) and 2) the smoke alarms didn’t even go off. Thankfully my brother noticed the smoke and turned off the burners. Things could have been a lot worse.
There was also another time when I was in Middle School and I turned on the wrong burner while there was a cutting board sitting on said burner. There are nice ringed burn marks to prove it. I clearly have a problem with burners.
I should just stay away from stoves.
- Unwritten.. | gypsy thoughts ..
- Daily Prompt: By the Skin of Your Teeth | RealMoney
- By the Skin of Your Teeth | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: By the Skin of Your Teeth | Awl and Scribe
- of aggression « Anawnimiss
- The Great Escape | The Ambitious Drifter
- Narrowly avoiding disaster | Angel Frouk
- Escape | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- The Fact We Live May Be An Accident | The Jittery Goat
- My Teeth’s Skin | charlottesville winter
- S. Thomas Summers | I Bid the Trees to Move
- If I want some serious adventure I will watch an R18 film | thoughtsofrkh
- T-Bone Steak | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: By the Skin of Your Teeth « cognitive reflection
- CRASH! Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- It’s a Big Deal If It’s Your Problem | The Thoughts’ Outlet
- Almost Normal Takeoff | Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: By the Skin of Your Teeth | Basically Beyond Basic
- No One Gets Out Alive | Finale to an Entrance
- The Lurker’s List | An Escape and a Lesson
- Curse of the Bed Bunk! | The Number FiftyTwo
- LIFE CHANGING GIFTS | hastywords
- Daily Prompt: Skinnin’ | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: By the Skin of your Teeth | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Close Calls | A Good One
- The bus and my bag | Life is great
- My Old Dog Fell Down the Steps But He Got Up
- Near Mishap | Flowers and Breezes
- Beauty & Innocence | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Daily Prompt: By the Skin of Your Teeth | A Mixed Bag
- Daily Prompt: Photography Challenge – ESCAPE | Nicola Kirk
- JUST A FEW INCHES | SERENDIPITY
- Facing Danger | A mom’s blog
- The Escape | I Write Therefore I Am
- Dear Addiction, It’s Time To Say Our Final “Goodbye”……. | *Recovery Ramblins Blog Of ~ Author Catherine Lyon*