Who is the person in your life who can do no wrong? Describe this person and tell us why you hold them in such high esteem.
Now, I had to think long and hard about what exactly my precious is. The reason I had to think so long about this was because I started having extreme fangasms over the fact that The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug comes out tomorrow. I mean, how could I not? This post is just asking for me to think about Hobbits (ring-bearing ones, adventure-having ones, possessed comb over-having ones) and Middle Earth and Dragons and just overall awesomeness. (Okay, time to reel in your fangirl talk. Your word choice makes you sound like a Nerdfighter. Shut up, Mind! I am a proud Nerdfighter!) And every time I think about Lotr, or things related to Lotr, or things that just make me think about Lotr, my mind becomes extremely jumbled with the overwhelming feeling that this is all a dream. That there is no one by the name of Tolkien, or Peter Jackson, or no such thing as Hobbits and Elves and Wizards who look extremely like Ian McKellan. But then my mind slows down and I realize that even if this were a dream, it is a really lovely dream to be in, so why question it?
As I try not to think too much about Gollum and his precious, I have to force my mind towards what is my precious. My own. My own ring. My precious. (Shut up, Gollum!) I obviously needed a little help in discovering what is precious to me. So I looked at what other people were writing about and most of them talked about their spouses or their kids. Now, I don’t have any of those things. No spouse, not even a significant other and I most certainly do not have any rugrats running around playing in boxes and pretending to be tv personality. I do, however, have parents, an older brother, a great big family and wonderful friends whom I hold in high esteem. I love them all very much and I am very thankful to have them all in my life. However, we humans make mistakes. We fight, we lie, we disappoint each other, and sometimes let each other down. Therefore, I cannot say that the people that I love can do no wrong. And they would say the same about me.
With that being said, I suppose to thing that is most precious to me is not a person. It’s an ability. The ability to forgive. Nobody is perfect and they shouldn’t be expected to be. All we can do is get down off our high horses and take others off of the pedestals we put them on. Be on level ground. Once we do that, then we can all become more precious to each other.
But until then, enjoy this trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (which I will proceed to watch on repeat until my eyes bleed)
- Daily Prompt: My Precious | kimmiecode 🙂
- Imperfect | Life is great
- Nurturing Thursday: Blessings Abound! | Light Words
- Precious Tigeress | The Artistic Nobody
- Thursday Thought | Tommia’s Tablet
- Precious |
- She’s Precious. Enough Said. | Momma Roars
- Precious Children? Bah, Humbug | Parents Are People Too
- Daily Prompt: My Precious | And then you’re at Jax
- Precious: Daily Post | Destino
- Imperfections | A mom’s blog
- One Picture..No Words. ….(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Daily Prompt: My Precious | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: My Precious | Morrighan’s Muse
- My Precious Ones | Saysie
- Memories | Stories from aside
- Bro’s before… | I am Lynn
- My Precious | lifewithgreeneyes
- DAILY POST: OUR MOST PRECIOUS FUR CHILD | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: My Precious | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Together | The Mockingbird in Me
- Precious (or Mother) | Finale to an Entrance
- My Precious, My Bestfriend | The Story of a Guy
- Yellow Orchid | Exploring the world