You get to choose one superpower. Pick one of these, and explain your choice:
- the ability to speak and understand any language
- the ability to travel through time
- the ability to make any two people agree with each other
This, here, is a pretty tough choice to make. I’m not really sure which one I would pick, so I’m going to just go down the line and see if I end up ruling any of these out.
First off, it would be incredibly amazing to be able to speak and understand any language. Then there would, in fact, be no language barrier, no matter where you went. I could go anywhere and be able to communicate with every single person I met. As a writer, I find communication to be incredibly important. You want people to understand and be able to relate to what you are writing about. You want people to find themselves in your work or be able to work out their issues, by being able to communicate their feelings through those words. Welp, I think I just picked my super power.
I would love to be able to go to as many countries as possible. But honestly, the thing that holds me back the most is the languages. I took Spanish in high school and took Italian in college and frankly, I know neither of those languages. I wouldn’t be able to talk to anyone, in any version of Spanish, or Italian, if I went to any country that spoke these languages. I’m going on a trip in a few months and I chose to go to places where they speak English. Albeit, they have accents, but those accents are being spoken with English words. If I could have the super power to speak and understand any language there would be nothing holding me back.
I absolutely love the idea of being able to speak to anyone in any language. The world would be such a friendly place if we all had this ability.
- Power | Hope* the happy hugger
- power | yi-ching lin photography
- No Regrets | All work and quite a lot of play
- Superpower | cowcrzy
- Daily Prompt: Do You Understand the Words? | UP! With Jesus
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt : A Talking Bird, I am Super Polyglot! | bambangpriantono
- Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Punch Drunk | Good2begone
- Abuela (A Sonnet) | Fleet Ink
- Let it be | LynnSlyWrites
- Daily Prompt: A bird, A Plane, You! | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, a Plane, You! | reyoflight
- 5 Reasons why I want the ability to speak any language | Processing the life
- Power | Kansa Muse
- Puppy Power! | Haiku By Ku
- Avoiding Mt. Fluency 101 | AstridOxford
- Knowing When To Walk Away And When To Run | Just Visiting This Planet
- Daily Prompt: A Bird, A Plane, and You | Not The Sword But The Pen